Aloha and welcome to the bicycling community, triathletes and 2011 Xterra fans arriving to Maui for the 2011 Xterra World Championships being held next week at Kapalua on the 23rd of October.
Are you attending the 2011 Xterra and planning a bicycle vacation on Maui to coincide with your visit to Maui? With the 2011 Xterra at Kapalua, on the west side of Maui for the first time, it is likely many Xterra attendees are more familiar with South Maui (where past Xterra races were held) than West Maui. We welcome you to West Maui have a few Xterra bicycling tips and suggestions to help with planning bicycle vacations on Maui.
Maui Bicycle Vacation Facts to Know while visiting West Maui for 2011 Xterra:
- The 2011 Xterra course will be held at the Kapalua resort on West Maui. West Maui is aproximately 45 minutes from Kahului Airport. The small commuter airport in West Maui is aproximately 15 minutes south of Kapalua.
- The 2011 Xterra World Championship Course map.
- Our full service bike shop in Lahaina is on the way to Kapalua. You can find easy directions and a map to West Maui Cycles on our contact page.
- Maui bicycle vacation ride information and maps, both for road bike rides such as the West Maui Loop.
- Mountain bike trail maps for Poli Poli State Park, Haleakala MTB Trails and Makawao Forest Reserve.
- The County of Maui Bicycle Map includes wind information, grade elevations and other useful Maui bike riding information.
Enjoy the 2011 Exterra world Champioinships. We'd love for you to stop in our Maui bike shop and say 'hi'. We'll talk story about biking on Maui and share trail or Maui bike ride advice. Our shop can outfit you with any gear you need during your visit and we have a full line of our West Maui Cycle bike jerseys, hats and other Maui cycling logo gear.
For a complete selection of bikes for rent on Maui, Lahaina's West Maui Cycles offers performance road bikes for rent, Specialized mountain bikes and Electra Cruiser bike rentals for casual rides around Kapalua village or Lahaina.
If you have any questions about Maui bicycling or XTerra, please leave comments below. Or, subscribe to our Maui Bicycle Blog for the latest Maui bike news and information!