Headed to Maui for a getaway?There's no better way to leave it all behind than by renting a bike and riding on Maui! Every aspiring cyclist, whether a seasoned bike enthusiast or a first-time casual rider, will find the Maui bike rental they need at West Maui Cycles, West Maui's only full-service bicycle shop.
When it comes to cycling in Hawaii, it helps to know before you go. These 5 tips for Maui bike rentals will help you make the most of your Maui bike riding experience:
- Pick the route for your Maui bike ride - There’s a good reason why recent years have experienced a surge in Maui bike rentals: Maui has an amazing selection of road riding and trails that offer beautiful scenery, well-maintained facilities, and various degrees of length and difficulty depending on the comfort and rider ability levels. Knowing the specifications of the trail you are planning on riding will help you gauge your energy levels, and give you a realistic idea of how much you can accomplish in a given time period during your Maui cycling vacation. Check out the Maui bike trail maps of Poli Poli, Haleakala and the Makawao Forest Reserve. Or, use the Maui County bike map for Maui road biking information including wind and incline details.
- Select the correct bicycle - Perhaps you are embarking on your first ever mid or long distance cycling trip. Or, you’re a longtime cyclist who prefers to save on shipping costs rather than bring their trusty steed from home. Many hope that once they arrive on the island, Maui bike rentals will be numerous and high in quality. Make sure to do your research before you go and know which kind of bike you wish to rent in advance of your arrival. We recommend reserving your Maui bike rental to ensure before arriving on Maui. Need a high performance road bike to ride up Haleakala and back? West Maui Cycles has you covered - we are an authorized Specialized bike shop and carry many quality brands such as Cannondale and Giant. If you are seeking a laid-back day of leisurely cycling in Lahaina town, West Maui Cycles rents Electra cruiser bikes and includes a lock with each rental. Maybe you’re honeymooning in Hawai’i and you and your beloved want to roll through Lahaina Town on a tandem bike? When searching for Maui bike rentals, choose the bike that’s right for you.
- Repair tools - Anybody going on a long ride on the island will not only want to research options for Maui bike rentals, they will also want to look into their options for on-the-go repair solutions. Air pump, tire repair tools, patch kit, and chain grease are all a must if you are planning to be out on the trails for more than an hour or two. A spare tube might also be in order, as patching can be difficult depending on location and weather conditions; still, there are some cyclists who prefer to simply patch a punctured tube over complete replacement. Proper preparedness makes for trouble-free rides.
- When the going gets tough, know where to go - Not all repairs can be done from the road. West Maui Cycles will make sure the repair needs of all West Maui bike rentals customers are met. If you blow a tire or break a chain, the friendly staff is there to get you back up on two wheels. As the only bike shop in West Maui, there is not a better choice when deciding who to turn to for Maui bike rentals and repairs.
- Be prepared - Bring front and rear lights in case you end up staying out past sunset. Pack accordingly for sunshine, rain, and anything in between. Think sunglasses, a light rain jacket, sunblock, plenty of water and food, and appropriate cycling clothing. The chances of encountering bad weather in Hawaii are slim, but no one wants to get caught out in the rain without protection and Maui has many micro climates around the island. In addition to meeting all your Maui bike rental needs, West Maui cycles can set you up with the right cycling clothing or any other gear you need for your ride or logo merchandise to remember your Maui bicycle rides.
The time of your life is waiting for you on Maui: Beautiful weather, astounding trails, and a smooth ride on a performance bike! Research your options for Maui bike rentals and you will be ready to take full advantage of your time on Maui. Please leave Maui bike rentals and riding questions in the comments section below.
Call (808) 661-9005 to reserve a bicycle for your Maui Vacation!